Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Beginning the Retro Apron....


I found these left over 5" squares from a previous project and decided that I would go ahead and try making the patchwork apron in this book. I really want to buy the Fresh Squeezed charm pack and the accent fabric, but I can't wait! These are lovely fabrics, well loved and used in a two other projects, so I figure the leftovers deserve to be used up.


I realized that when I began to sew the rows together, I had sewn two blocks in the wrong order, whoops! I fixed it and it is right now. My only complaint about this pattern is that the pattern pieces in the book are on both sides of the paper. So, if I want to make more than one apron in the book, which I do, then I have to go to the store and get some tissue paper to make an extra pattern. I will have to work more on this later. In the mean time, I am going to finish quilting a quilt that I started about 1 1/2 years ago and do the binding on another quilt. Good things will happen!

No comments: