Friday, August 1, 2008

What is your favorite function on your sewing machine?


This little button is my absolute favorite function on my sewing machine. It is a cutting tool, I push the button and it cuts the thread for me! Before I was given this machine almost 7 years ago, I had your basic Husqvarna sewing machine and it was great. But when I pull it out once in awhile to use or for my daughter to use, I admit to sudden sewing dyslexia. I am all thumbs without this handy tool. So, what is your favorite button or whatever part of your machine that you can't imagine being without?

3 comments:

Trisha said...

That is a very cool feature! Before I got my Bernina I used a Kenmore that didn't have many bells and whistles. I love my Bernina and I really like that I can set the needle to be up or down when I finish stitching. I also like that I can mirror image any of my decorative stitches. My machine probably does cool things that I don't know about. I never took the time to read the manual and find out.

Tina said...

Hmmm, I've been pondering this question. TLC and I have the same machine, and I do love the features she mentioned. When I first got it I loved that I could do tiny zig zag stitches. Right now I love that I can do free motion quilting without much hassle. I've been working on my doll quilt today!

Cathie in UT said...

HI
I just found your blog and wanted to say "hi"...love that blue quilt you are adding the applique on.
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
As for my favorite button...I have a Viking #1 about 13 years old now and I love the needle down button and also the foot peddle tap to lower or raise the needle!
Cathie