Saturday, August 16, 2008

Progress Last Night...


I finally became motivated enough to put on the next round on this flower basket quilt. Putting the squares together went really fast. My 7 year old boy kept coming in and exclaiming how fast I can sew. I found this funny that all of a sudden it clicked with him just what I was doing all the time back in my craft room.

I tried all kinds of stitching on the flowers, leaves and stems. On the leaves and handle I did a satin stitch. On two of the flowers I did a zig-zag stitch. On four flowers I did a blanket stitch and on the stems I did a straight stitch that was in the applique section on my sewing machine. It was fun to play around and have fun. I am not in the least bit upset that it isn't perfect. I know that once it is all put together the quilting will make it.

Here I have all sides on and the second inner border. The final step is the outer border with corner stones.

5 comments:

Tina said...

I really like the colors...and the basket of flowers! What will you do with it when it's done?

Sunny said...

Very cute! Aren't kids funny!

Trisha said...

I just love this quilt and your fabric selection for it! It gets better and better as you add to it. I love it when my kids take an interest, very cute that your son did.

Karen said...

Well, it looks perfect to me!

Marisa said...

Wow, this is looking very very cool. The color combo you have going on here is unusual, creative, and very striking. Nice work!!