Saturday, August 9, 2008

Finished DQS4!


Yeah! I finished this doll quilt in record time! I had so much fun making it that I couldn't stop. I really hope that my doll quilt swap mate likes it as much as my family and I do.

I wasn't sure how to quilt the stars, so at first I thought I would stitch in the ditch. That didn't look so good so I tried a swirl pattern and it worked great. The rest of the quilting is a meandering kind of flower, heart, leaf pattern. Small projects like these are great for practicing my machine quilting on. In an earlier post I had asked what your favorite function on your machine is and the free-motion stitch seemed to be the most popular. I like that function a lot also and that would have to be my second favorite.

I mailed it out today and it should arrive next week! I love getting something done, can you tell?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great looking quilt!
I'm sure they will love it.

Tina said...

Yay for you! It looks great and I bet it does feel good to have it in the mail. I'm sure your swap partner will love it! I just got back in town and just need to get a label on mine and send it off!

susan said...

oh! the colors are great! and the quilting turned out so well! your partner will swoon when she sees it
nice job

Arnden said...

Yeah! I love it! It sure did get here fast. I love the 'swirlies' on the stars. I really like the colors and the dots. It is wonderful! I have to find it a special place now, lol. I will be sure to take pictures of it once I get it situated... hehehe Thanks for making me such a super little quilt.