Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nothing to report....


This is all the action that is happening in the quilt room today. For the next couple of weeks for that matter. We are renting a house right now in Florida and in the process of buying a house in Iowa. I know, I have heard all of the jokes and puns all ready. And yes, we like corn.

Why move to Iowa? Why leave Florida? Well, the economy is part of it I suppose. But, mostly we feel more connected to the Midwest. It feels like home there. I grew up in Minnesota and have family there and my husband has family in Iowa. So, we are packing and sorting and I am afraid that the sewing machine has been packed and now I sadly sit here and wish I could unpack it for just a little while. I know I can, but I felt that I needed to be more focused on the move and homeschooling. I have piles of fabric that I have gone through. Some I really don't want but know that "someday" I may find a use for. Moving is such sweet sorrow.....

2 comments:

Trisha said...

That is hard not to have your sewing machine. Best wishes with your packing and your move!

Tina said...

Sometimes we just have to get down to the basics of life, good luck with all you have to do right now. Luckily you will still have the same blog address no matter where you move so we can still keep in contact with you. :o)