Friday, July 11, 2008

On going project and a product review....


It is so nice to be missed. One never knows if anyone even reads what is written. So thanks for letting me know!
I have been working on this quilt for a long time. I began it in Alaska at a quilt retreat about two and half years ago. I made a couple quilt blocks for the president of the quilt guild there and I liked it so much that I decided to make a whole quilt using them. I normally like to do sampler type quilts, I have a short attention span. I made it though and when it was time to get it together, the ladies at the retreat suggested putting stars in the sashing. I am so glad that I listened to their advise, despite my inward groaning. It turned out great. Why haven't I finished it yet? Well, my sewing machine at the time decided not to allow me to change the stitch. I really didn't want to do stitch in the ditch, I was really enjoying my free-motion stitch. So, I have slowly been finishing the quilting. I think I have done enough. I am not worried about this becoming an heirloom. So, that is what is happening in the Quilt Room.



Sometimes it is fun to give a review of a handy quilt tool. I consider this project bag by Omnigrid to be an essential tool. I take with me when I go to my quilting group. It is so handy to have all of my needles, threads and quilt top right there, easy to carry. I also would recommend this to scrapbookers or knitters. Five stars for this one.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Welcome back! Pretty quilt. I think the stars in the sashing was a great choice, it really adds to it. I LOVE patriotic quilts!