Saturday, July 19, 2008

Confessions...

I have a confession to make. I have not been quilting, or knitting, or scrapbooking. I haven't been diligently wittling away my fabric or yarn stash. I have been wasting my time on Ebay. I feel so terrible having been sucked into this vortex. I have finally climbed out due to much prayer and the Lord giving me strength to say no to EBay.

How did this terrible addiction begin? Well, it all began when I read a post on Judy Laquidara's blog http://www.patchworktimes.com. She was trying to decide which camera to buy and made a mention of www.thepioneerwoman.com having a certain type of camera. Well, I had no idea who the pioneer woman was, but I followed the link to her sight anyway. I was immediately enthralled with her presentation of cooking, photography and home life. It is a phenomenal website to be sure. However, this is where I was introduced to Anchor Hocking Jadeite Restaurant Ware. It is beautiful stuff and so I went to EBay to see if I could get some of it. I had no idea there would be thousands of these things to look at and of course I had to see all of it. So you see, my quilting friends in the blogosphere, this is where I have been the last couple of weeks. I am so sorry that I have not been a better poster, but I will strive to do better from now on.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, that Ebay can be such an evil place, ha ha. Glad you're back!

Fiber Babble said...

I understand about the time vortex of eBay :-)

You should never have to apologize for not posting on your blog. Uh, it's YOUR blog. If you've got online friends who wonder where you've gotten to, they'll contact you to make sure you're not lying in a ditch (or is that laying in a ditch? I guess either one isn't good).

Your post just sounded so contrite - you really shouldn't beat yourself up for not posting. When you do post, it's worth it for your readers.

Sunny said...

Just wanted to say....IKWYM. Been there, done that. It was an addiction for me. I never understood gambling until I found eBay! That was many years ago. I only peek over there once in a while, but I no longer buy!