Thursday, May 29, 2008

Nine-Patch and Hourglass


After cutting various fabrics into 1 1/2 inch strips, I sewed them together with muslin strips.
Now they are ready to be cut into 1 1/2 segments to become the nine-patch square.

Close-up of my favorite fabric from Moda's Shagri-La line of fabrics that th bought a year ago.

4 1/4 inch squares of light patterned fabric with squares of muslin.

Marking the center line from corner to corner is a big help. Now I will sew a 1/4 inch seam on both sides of the first line.

I know that this is a simple pattern, but for me this is a big commitment. I tend to make things that are fast or don't require me to make a lot of one pattern. They call that instant gratification I guess. I am trying to come out of that comfort zone and just enjoy the process of piecing.







1 comment:

Lissa Jane said...

this quilt is going to look absolutly gorgeous when done.. I have a phobia about triangles and avoid them where possible! LOL
I love 9 patch blocks though, I use them as leader/ender blocks when I am sewing and before you know it, you have a bonus quilt!